New Features in v5.0
- New user interface: We redesigned the interface for a better user experience. The new look is modern and fresh with dark and light mode.
- New Main Dashboard: A new main dashboard with the most critical information in one sight. It lets you have a complete view of the situation on your monitored infrastructure.
- Opensearch and Opendashboards: We migrated from Elasticsearch and Kibana to the open-source and more powerful alternative Opensearch and opendashboard.
- Upgrade Wazuh to version 4.3
How to install the new version?
There is a new acsia_prepare.sh script that MUST be used instead of the old one.
How to upgrade from version 4.x?
To properly upgrade from version 4.x, the user MUST execute the pre_update_v5.sh script before running the command:
Important Bug Fixes
- Fix whitelist subnet throwing an exception in edge cases.
- Fix issue with reset password of the initial default user.
- When an Access Location is Waiting for approval rule is deleted, notifications related to the user and related IP cause inconsistent behaviour. So executing an action on the notification would generate an exception.
- Fix issue with the agent installation script on Windows 10 with specific network configuration.
- Fix General Network Traffic Dashboard not working correctly.
- Fix the issue with the notification table not being updated when a notification is closed.
- Fix issue with retrieving windows administrator user in French.
- Improved database query performance (ephemeral agent commands) and prevented timeouts.
The agent installation script launches a new PowerShell which tests that information about host networks can be collected. If not, network details are not collected. It prevents the installation script to get stuck. The user may ask about it.
- New user interface
- Main dashboard #1137
- Migration to OpenSearch and OpenDashboards #1159 #1163 #1165 #1180
- Upgrade Wazuh to version 4.3 #1182
- Rebranding #1180
- New Settings styling (Accordion)
- Improve database queries performance (ephemeral agent commands) and prevent timeouts.
- Fix General Network Traffic Dashboard not working correctly #1165
- Remove change IP detection for agentless mode #1161
- Fix change default user password breaks acsia stack restart script #1170
- Fix issue with retrieving windows administrator user in French #1184
- Fix add whitelist subnet throwing an exception in edge cases. #1185
- Fix waiting for approval access location inconsistent behaviour #1140
- Fix issue with the agent installation script on Windows 10 with specific network configuration. #1195
- Fix issue with the notification table not being updated when a notification is closed nimbus/acsia-new-ui-ux#168
- Fix IocRepo throwing exceptions when there are no results 127cb08c
- Fix broken Falco custom rules #1201
- Fix Wazuh syscheck false positive #1198